Click Brochure to Open
The Fear of Man vs. The Fear of God
A seminar for those who want more
Our new seminar is based on Proverbs 29:25
“The fear of man is a snare but he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted.”
What’s a snare? It’s a trap. Set for an animal, it’s held until the hunter returns to capture his prey. Then he either keeps it in captivity to be displayed or, he kills it and eats it! In this case Satan is the hunter and you (Christian) are the hunted one. Writing to Christians Peter said: “Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” Satan sets the trap and the fear of man (political correctness) drives us right into it! Sometimes it’s subtle, we smile when we should frown, or we laugh when we should remain silent. Sometimes it’s blatant. We remain silent when we should speak!
This seminar began as a sermon. It was first presented at a church of 3,000. After the service we had over 900 requests for copies of the message. Then it became a book, and now its a full blown conference. Why should this training interest you?
The Top Ten Reasons People Need To Hear This Seminar:
1. Numbers 13 tells us it was the fear of man that kept the Israelite’s from entering the Promised Land, the land that flowed with milk and honey. So, instead of enjoying God’s abundance, they wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. 1 Cor. 10 says, the things that happened to the Israelite’s in the wilderness were written for our instruction and for our example! God didn’t want the church to make the same mistake. And you know what? We are!
2. God warned the Hebrew people in advance, to fear the people and not take the land would be rebellion (Numbers 14:9). Not believing (trusting) God is a major barrier in our relationship with Him.
3. Political correctness is a major problem in our world. It’s based on the fear of man. Proverbs 29:25 tells us, the fear of man is a trap. Are you trapped or, are you free to be all God wants you to be? Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
4. Jesus said, “If you are ashamed of Me before men, I will be ashamed of you before My Father in heaven. But of you acknowledge Me before men, I will acknowledge you before My Farther in heaven.”
5. Speaking of our book on the subject, Dr. David Larsen of Trinity seminary said, “The Fear of Man vs. The Fear of God is a clarion call for the church to wake up.” Dr. Robert Coleman (Author of the best selling, The Master Plan of Evangelism) said, “That was a powerful, powerful message. That was a word from the Lord.”
6. Many people have been delivered from the fear of man after hearing this message (or reading the book) and are now enjoying an exciting walk with the Lord as a result.
7. You will be given all the tools you need to overcome this debilitating spiritual disease known as, the fear of man.
8. You will meet, and fellowship with some of God’s brightest shining stars, and hear some of the finest Bible teachers on the planet.
9. Each participant will go home with a 350 page training manual containing dozens of full-blown discipleship training sessions on a flash drive. It’s ideal for sermon preparation, Sunday school lessons, discipleship classes, youth groups, home Bible studies, family devotions, or, to produce your own seminar! The print version retails for $39.95!
10. You will have access to more training materials that will help you grow in your most holy faith.
To learn more phone: 815-547-0765
Click Here to Register Now
WHY PASTORS AND TEACHERS SHOULD ATTEND
Pastor Dave said, “I learned more about evangelism listening to you for three hours than I did in four years of seminary!”
WHY YOUTH SHOULD ATTEND
Phil received the highest rating of any seminar speaker we’ve ever had!” −Scott Gulkie, Coordinator for the annual “Districts” youth rally, sponsored by the E-Free Church of Wisconsin. They had 3,500 in attendance!
WHY FATHERS AND SONS SHOULD ATTEND
My son and I attended the Iron Sharpens Iron men’s conference this past March in O’Fallon, IL where we met and attended a seminar by Philip DelRe. As a pastor, I was leading a group of men to the conference, but my real concern was my 18 year old son who has had some tough challenges in the past year. He has wavered in his faith — questioning what and why he believed. This also spilled over into some poor choices and bad relationships in his life. The seminar by Phil was exactly what my son needed!
Phil’s dynamic personality and engaging presentation of the Gospel totally connected with my son. He laughed, took notes, and was challenged that the Christian faith was intellectually credible in the secular arena of life. He loved the seminar by Phil and wanted me to buy all the resources available (which I happily did!).
Since that time, there has been a dramatic change in his life. Unhealthy relationships have been severed and he has a renewed joy and commitment for Christ. I thank God for this timely and sovereign appointment for my son and the ministry of Phil DelRe for being the choice instrument He used. –Pastor Tim
SHOULD MOTHERS & DAUGHTERS ATTEND
I just listened to Phil DelRe teach a seminar for three hours. As the former Vice President of Marketing for Christianity Today, I’ve had the privilege of hearing men like Chuck Swindoll, Tony Evans, and Max Lucado. Phil DelRe is the same caliber speaker!
−Linda Schaumbach, Director of Women’s Ministry at Community of Faith Church in Davis, IL
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
Phil DelRe is a no-fear apologist with a sense of humor. His anecdotal style helps the medicine go down and accompanies a sense of urgency to embolden believers. His new book The Fear of Man vs. The Fear of God is a good read and a great resource for study groups.
-Fred Tscholl Manager, WFEN Radio Rockford, Illinois.
In his book, Jesus Christ the Master Evangelist-How to Present the Gospel the Way Jesus Did, Philip DelRe has excelled in bringing together powerful thoughts on a most important theme.
RAY COMFORT, EVANGELIST, AUTHOR, & SPEAKER. PRODUCER OF THE AWARD WINNING TV SHOW THE WAY OF THE MASTER STARRING KIRK CAMERON
It’s a terrific message—and I can understand listening to it why it had such power. You’re quite right in saying it’s nothing more than the word of God, but you, of course, presented it very effectively and made the case very powerfully.
THE LATE CHARLES COLSON, FOUNDER AND CHAIRMAN OF PRISON FELLOWSHIP MINISTRIES
Phil DelRe’s newest tract – God’s Three Witnesses is the finest Gospel tract I have ever seen. His book The Fear of Man vs. The Fear of God is a clarion call for the church to wake up!
DR. DAVID LARSEN, PROFESSOR OF PREACHING EMERITUS AT TRINITY EVANGELICAL DIVINITY SCHOOL. AUTHOR OF 18 BOOKS INCLUDING THE 900 PAGE, HISTORY OF PREACHING PUBLISHED BY KREGEL.
I’m thankful for Philip DelRe. He has a heart for both the gospel and its clear proclamation. God is blessing Philip’s ministry with fruit that remains.”
DR. JOSEPH M. STOWELL, PRESIDENT, CORNERSTONE UNIVERSITY, GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN
Phil DelRe powerfully communicates the Gospel and overflows with a passion to reach the lost. His message on the Fear of Man Vs. The Fear of God is a powerful, powerful, word from the Lord and I thank him for it!
DR. ROBERT COLEMAN, DIRECTOR FOR THE SCHOOL OF WORLD MISSIONS & EVANGELISM, FOR BILLY GRAHAM ASSOCIATION AND AUTHOR OF THE BEST SELLING BOOK, THE MASTER PLAN OF EVANGELISM.
In an era of fadism and fashionable substitutes for true scriptural principles, the ministry of Phil DelRe is a ray of hope for the church. Phil has tapped into the mode of true Gospel evangelism that has proved so mighty in the past. For anyone desirous of seeing the type of deep and thorough heart work that so characterized the Church in better days, Phil should not only be heard but studied.
REDDIT ANDREWS III, DIRECTOR OF CHAPEL, TRINITY EVANGELICAL DIVINITY SCHOOL
Remember the revival God brought through David Wilkerson working with the gangs in New York City and Nicki Cruz? Philip DelRe has been working with gangs in prison and by God’s grace has led thousands to the Lord! You want to bring a dynamic speaker to your church? Call Phil DelRe! His new book, The Fear of Man Vs. The Fear of God is a must read!
I have been impacted and blessed personally over the last 19 years listening to hundreds of messages and sermons by well known Christian leaders like Chuck Swindoll, Tony Evans, Gary Smalley, and Steve Farrar. I recently heard a message at an Iron Sharpens IronConference that God gave to Philip DelRe of Voice in the Wilderness Ministries. I can say without reservation, it was one of the most powerful, passionate and practical messages that I have ever heard. Everyone needs to hear the Biblical truth of this message and read one of Philips many books. I just finished reading ‘God, the final frontier’ cover to cover and plan to get it into the hands of everyone I can.
The cause of Christ is too often impeded by the fear of man, and Phil Del Re is out to change all that. He’s the perfect teacher on this subject, for he truly fears God and not people. In this important work, he shows us how to be delivered from the fear of man. Read it and prepare to slay giants.
ROGER KNOWLTON, SENIOR PASTOR OF EDGEWOOD COMMUNITY CHURCH, WAUPON, WISCONSIN
I absolutely love your book, God the Final Frontier. I want my whole family to read it. Your facts on the universe and the Trinity were fascinating!
I have been attending seminars for over 40 years, and yours was the greatest presentation of the Gospel I have ever heard in my life.
FROM THE BEYOND AMSTERDAM 2000 CONFERENCE SPONSORED BY THE BILLY GRAHAM ASSOCIATION AND THE EVANGELICAL FELLOWSHIP OF ZAMBIA
Phil DelRe is a Ten Commandments scholar.
Last spring I heard you speak in the undergraduate chapel at Moody. After your message I picked up a tape, and I have listened to that tape at least twenty times. That was the first day I ever heard such a clear explanation of the Gospel in such a Biblical way.
DAVID LIESKE, M. DIV. STUDENT, MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE
My son and I attended the “Iron Sharpens Iron” conference this past March in O’Fallon, IL where we met and attended a seminar by Philip DelRe. As a pastor, I was leading a group of men to the conference, but my real concern was my 18 year old son who has had some tough challenges in the past year. He has wavered in his faith — questioning what and why he believed. This also spilled over into some poor choices and bad relationships in his life. The seminar by Phil was exactly what my son needed! Phil’s dynamic personality and engaging presentation of the Gospel totally connected with my son. He laughed, took notes, and was challenged that the Christian faith was intellectually credible in the secular arena of life. He loved the seminar by Phil and wanted me to buy all the resources available (which I happily did!). Since that time, there has been a dramatic change in his life. Unhealthy relationships have been severed and he has a renewed joy and commitment for Christ. I thank God for this timely and Sovereign appointment for my son and the ministry of Phil DelRe for being the choice instrument He used. Praise the Lord!
I have had the privilege of working with new believers and men’s discipleship groups for over 30 years. I was initially discipled myself by a campus ministry while attending Western Michigan University. I have known Phil DelRe for 20 plus years. He is a gifted evangelist and a discipler of men. His passion for the Lord is contagious. I was very excited to read his new book “Where Did God Come From?”. I have used it for both new believers and in my men’s discipleship groups. The book lays a solid foundation for any believer to build upon and provides key answers believers need to take a stand for Jesus Christ. I highly recommend the book and the ministry of Philip DelRe and Voice In The Wilderness.
Phil DelRe’s new book God the Final Frontier is the best, most concise and effective evangelistic tool I have ever seen short of the New Testament and remember, not everyone will begin with the New Testament. The pictures in this book hold the readers attention and reinforce the message as they read it.
Phil’s message is right from the Father heart of God.
I listened to your audio message, “The Fear of Man vs. Fear of God”. I listened to it so many times I wore it out (Later, I discovered the same message in print in your book by the same name.)
Until then, I did not realize how the fear of man had subtly influenced my decision-making process, sometimes intimidating me from boldly doing what I knew to be right. Likewise, I realized I had become desensitized to the fear of the Lord. I mention the decision-making process because part of what I do is make important decisions that affect the lives of others.
I am a Judge in a Criminal Court in a large city and have to make important decisions everyday that affect the lives of many. In the criminal courts, due to the sheer volume of cases and limited resources, I seldom have all of the information I might wish and have to make life-impacting decisions anyway.
Now, I pray through Proverbs 29:25 before every major decision. I ask God to purify my decision-making process so that it is untainted by fear of man or approval seeking. I ask God to instill in me a holy reverence for Him and to do His will without fear and to serve Him and His purposes in this decision. Guided by these principles, I pray over the court file and the defendants and victims and families lives the file represents. I then render a decision that is fair and just under the law and the evidence without considering the approval of others or fear of others.
Thank you for distilling down these important truths into a readable, well illustrated, easily understood format. May you boldly and courageously serve Him until His return.
—J.M. CRIMINAL COURT JUDGE
That was the most fantastic, fantastic, fantastic sermon I’ve ever heard in my life.
TIM & SARAH BROWN, STUDENTS, TRINITY INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Click Here to Register Now
The following comments were taken from a survey of the young people who attended our seminar at “Districts” in Green Bay. This is an annual youth rally with over 3,500 young adults in attendance. It is sponsored by the Evangelical Free Church of Wisconsin. One of the organizers (Scott Gulke) said,
“You had the highest rating of any seminar speaker we’ve ever had!”
Here are some of the actual comments that the kids wrote on cards just after our seminar:
- “Super encouraging, I loved it.””I could sit and listen to him all day.”
- “He was hilarious and real, plus I love science so it was nice to hear some scientific evidence.”
- “He was awesome. Bring him back next year.”
- “Fantastic! Challenging and encouraging. The speaker challenged me to think about the important things in our relationship with God.”
- “Truly the best seminar I have been to. Please come back next year.”
- “I love the stories and the enthusiasm. You just have to smile.”
- “Best teaching I’ve ever heard.”
- “Great at getting our attention. It was VERY interesting.”
- “Philip has it together. He is passionate for the Lord! I truly enjoyed this seminar.”
- “I really enjoyed his message. He had some very interesting stories and really pointed out that the only opinion that matters is God’s.”
- “In depth and funny, kept me into it. It was good.”
- “I liked how he opened up our minds to God’s power and His love for us.”
- “I loved the stories and the analogies from the Word of God.”
- “Please offer more sessions like this. We need to hear real biblical truths like this so we can learn how to talk to skeptics.”
- “I’m glad he used so many bible verses to back himself up. Very dynamic. Excellent presentation. Really good thoughts.”
- “I pray to the Almighty God that I could have a fraction of Phil’s intensity for Christ Jesus!”
- “Hearing this seminar is going to help me not to be afraid to speak to others about God. I know I need to fear God more.”
- “Phenomenal, thank you very much. Good job, lots of scripture involved.”
- “He was really good at keeping everyone’s attention. It was so personal.”
- “I loved his jokes. Makes it interesting, had a GREAT message, good at keeping everyone’s attention, very interesting, lots of things I didn’t know.”
- “This dude is awesome. Get him back next year.”
- “Very good for scientific minds, awesome proof, intense.”
- “Loved the intensity and fire that Phillip has. Made me want to push myself to have same fire.”
- “Oh my God, so good, better than last year!”
- “WOW! Very interesting, caught my attention and kept it.”
- “I learned sooo much, I’m glad I came.”
- “Very strong speaker, strong message.”
- “Great motivational speaker!”
- “Wonderful speaker, very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, I felt much more confident talking to my friends about this.”
- “Everything was explained very well, worth going to.”
- “Amazing! Good referencing, good just like last year.”
- “This is my second year hearing him talk and I cannot express how much of a blessing it is to hear him again. He speaks with such a passion for God and a conviction that encourages me beyond belief. Thank you for having him here.”
- “Incredible, I’m glad he mentioned how to be bold in love.”
- “Great job at relating things in the world to your faith.”
- “It really got me excited about being a child of God! Thank you Phillip, loved the “Jesus loves me” at the end.”
- “Good overview of God’s word, creation, beautiful.”
- “Very passionate and powerful.”
- “He’s funny, to the point, clear and easy to understand, he speaks his mind.”
- “It was amazing, speaker was awesome, really interesting.”
- “Roar! Please come back, I wanna hear more from you, you were great.”
- “Definitely different. The man gets his point across in an energetic, fun motion.”
- “I love Philip’s stories and that he yelled. It gets your blood pumping, he is funny.”
- “Amazing, time flew by so fast.”
- “Nice expression, nice stories, nice man, very funny. He definitely got the message out. He definitely shows he is a Christian.”
- “I Loved the enthusiasm and his explanations.”
- “Really neat ideas I’ve never thought about, fun, exciting.”
- “I can’t even believe how amazingly good that was!! I admire you and you are the best speaker I’ve heard at districts.”
- “I loved it, it taught me a lot and I want to come back next year.”
- “Amazing, I learned so much! I hope to come back and see him again, I’m getting the book.”
- “Really great seminar, I have attended 6 throughout my time at districts and this is perhaps one of the most interesting.”
- “Great job, wish I could have had more time to listen.”
- “This was soooo good, Philip is a great speaker, you can tell he is full of the spirit.”
This book, God the Final Frontier is written by a man who’s got his stuff together. My friends and I went to the Iron Sharpens Iron conference. After his sermon on the Fear of Man, my friends grabbed a few of the books, and so far as I know they’re loving it. I’m gonna be placing my order within a day or two, if it’s anywhere NEAR as good as the sermon than this should be a good, and overall extremely helpful read in that it would greatly help you to live out your faith fearlessly, with the knowledge that EVERYONE should know to get by in today’s extremely atheist world environment that so many of us find ourselves stuck in. This is extremely necessary for anyone, especially students, with how the school systems are being redesigned to completely push out Christ.
Time: Registration begins at 8:30 am. Conference begins at 9:am − 5:pm
Place: This non-denominational event will be held at: Temple Baptist Church 3215 E State St, Rockford, IL 61108
Investment: $39.95 includes lunch and … (See reason #9 above).
Date: To be announced:
To register by phone: 815-547-0765
Click Here to Register Now